Time for a detox?
I need a reset. I’m doing a 7 day detox with my girlfriends to kick off June... anyone want to join us? Here’s some info on why a periodic detox is important.
Our body is constantly working to dispel toxins and unwanted matter from its various systems. Over time, the body gets run down from unhealthy food choices, alcohol, caffeine, drugs, stress, and environmental toxins that are a part of modern day life. No matter how healthy your diet or lifestyle may be, external factors still require us to give the body a chance to recharge and dispel anything that may be holding us back from experiencing superior health and long lasting vitality. When our vital organs are placed under too much pressure and unable to work efficiently, this is when illness and disease can appear. Taking time to cleanse the body and nurture these vital organs goes a long way in prevention, and also has immediate effects - greater energy, clearer skin, better digestion, mental clarity, and so much more.
Is your body screaming out for a detox? Here are 11 tell-tale signs:
1. You constantly feel fatigued, stressed and overwhelmed
2. You experience frequent headaches and/or lack of mental clarity
3. You often have skin breakouts and blemishes and/or a tired, dull and lack-luster complexion
4. You seem to pick up colds, flus, bugs and viruses easily and are often on medication
5. Your digestion is troublesome, uncomfortable and irregular
6. You slip into making less-healthy food choices and often have fried foods, processed meat, dairy, gluten, processed foods, refined sugar or fast food
7. You frequently have coffee, alcohol, drugs (prescription or otherwise) or cigarettes
8. You are exposed to common environmental toxins such as carbon emissions, cigarette smoke, herbicides, pesticides, artificial fragrances and household chemicals
9. You are carrying excess body weight
10. You often feel emotionally unstable, depressed, unmotivated and lacking energy and enthusiasm for life
11. Your breath and BO seem to have an alarming stink, no matter how much deodorant or toothpaste you use
A detox is your opportunity to give your body a break and allow your own self-cleansing and self-healing processes to kick into gear. Your body is innately intelligent and a period of cleansing is the perfect way to hit the reset button and start on a path to a healthier, happier, more vibrant you!
Here are just some of the potential benefits of a detox done right:
• Prevention of chronic diseases • Stronger immunity • Assistance in losing stagnant weight • Improved quality of life • Increased energy • Radiant, glowing skin • Bright, clear eyes • Mental clarity • Balanced emotions • Improved self-confidence and empowerment • New healthy habits and routines • Improved longevity
The liver breaks down fat soluble toxins into water soluble elements so that they can be easily excreted. ... Detoxing the body can not only improve the liver's function it can support immune health, weight loss, improve energy levels and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Diet and environmental toxins undeniably affect skin. By supporting the body in the removal of free radicals, heavy metals and other toxins, you will help to improve the appearance of your skin. After your detoxification, your body will have better digestive and lymphatic function.
I honestly can’t wait to start, but I’ll be traveling for Memorial Day weekend. The following Monday is our day, and what a great way to start the month of June, and kick off the unofficial start of summer. Let me know if you want to join us!